- Some more answers to your queries in shout-box come your way in today’s Discover It. Take a look at them here.
- Currency futures may be allowed by RBI
- A currency future is a derivative contract to exchange one currency for another at a specified date in the future.
- It is only slightly different from a forward contract in that, in the case of the latter the amount and maturity of the contract are standardized.
- As of now, there are two ways through which exporters and importers can seek a hedge against volatile currency movements. One is by way of forward cover and the other is via the option route.
- CBI not for routine cases, rules the Supreme Court
- Directions under Section 156(3) of the Criminal Procedure Code cannot be given to the CBI to investigate cases where there are no complexities involved.
- Only in cases where the investigating agency is not doing proper investigation and/or that there is reason to believe that there is laxity in the investigation, can CBI be called in, ruled the Supreme Court.
- Education – a fundamental right?
- Back in 2002 the Constitution was amended (86th Amendment) making education a fundamental right. But this is yet to be notified, because the enabling Right to Education legislation is not ready.
- In 2006, a high level group consisting of Arjun Singh, P. Chidambaram, Montek Singh Ahluwalia and C. Rangarajan had been entrusted with the task of considering the Right to Education Bill in the broader context of NCMP – National Common Minimum Programme, its legal and constitutional framework and its financial implications.
- The group recommended that a model bill be prepared for states to adopt or modify existing Right to Educational laws. 18 states have such laws in place. But no reasonable progress can be achieved on this front in view of the huge financial commitments required for the exercise. One estimate puts a figure of Rs. 3,21,196 crores to be spent over 5 years for implementing this legislation.
- Estimates about the number of people in the 6 to 13 years age group
- Kapil Sibal CABE report puts it at 23.01 crore for 2007-08.
- Census figures put this at 19.21 crores.
- By the year 2011-12 the child population is estimated to be reaching 24.86 crores by the CABE report and 18.53 crores by Census.
- Long distance travel can cause VTE
- Venous Thrombo Embolism. Travel by air, car or other means for long hours can cause VTE. What happens in this is, blood gets clotted and such clots can be fatal if they move up to lungs.
- VTE is often dubbed as ‘economy class syndrome.’
- NASA and Martian rover
- NASA is about to send its rover into a crater on Mars. That crater is Victoria Crater, which is located near the equator of Mars.
Opportunityis one of the two rovers that are there on Mars. Can you recall the other one?
- Tendulkar reaches another milestone
- In the match against
South Africaat , he crossed the 15,000 run mark in the one day internationals. Belfast won the match. India
- And finally it’s the weekend!!! Time for some relaxation and enjoyment. How about some dance lessons? Take a look at this interesting video that I came across on the YouTube. All of 2.14 minutes duration, it teaches you how to moonwalk and airwalk!!! Don’t know what they are? Go see the Michael Jackson songs. Take a look and enjoooooooooooy…