- Relaxation of foreign flight norms for airlines
- At present domestic airlines need to possess an experience of 5 years of operations to be eligible for taking up flight operations to foreign countries.
- Government is set to relax this requirement to three years.
- Tatas’ Corus acquisition
- The 515 pence a share proposal values Corus at over 7.5 times the operating profit.
- Mittal Steel valued Arcelor at 6 times the operating profit.
- Thus the Tatas’ bid for Corus is much higher than what Mittal paid for the Arcelor deal.
- World’s oldest watch making company
- Vacheron Constantin, set up in 1755 in
- The annual broadband wireless equipment market opportunity in
is pegged at around $4.5 bn by 2012. India ’s travel market: India ’s online travel market is placed at $800 mln. India ’s total travel market (offline and online) is kept at $13.5 bn. India
- Info about CRR (Cash Reserve Ratio)
- In June 2006, when the RBI Act was amended, the floor level of bank’s CRR which was kept at 3% was abolished along with the discontinuation of payment of interest on the sums parked with RBI.
- RBI has been paying 3.5% interest on cash balance above 3% and up to 5% -- known as eligible cash balances – w.e.f September 18, 2004.
India’s diplomatic relations with Israel
- Were established in 1992.
- Our Professor’s (TT Ram Mohan) advice on stock markets
- It is tempting to believe that the Indian stock market will generate comparable returns over the coming decade.
- The returns of the past seven years imply a risk premium of around 17%.
- If we go by the experience worldwide, there is just a 10% chance that the returns will be sustained in the coming decade.
- Gas pricing
- Gas sold under the APM (Administered Pricing Mechanism) is made available at about $3 per mmBtu
- Gas sold by private companies or joint ventures is available in the range $4 to $5 per mmBtu.
- Spot cargoes of LNG are available at $8 to $9 per mmBtu.